I don’t always make homemade pie crust, but when I do it’s for apple pie. Just kidding, I do always make homemade pie crust because I have the SIMPLEST recipe EVER! I love good food, but love good food that is made as simply as possible even more!
With the harvest season quickly leaving, I realized two things; 1. I am not ready for Thanksgiving at all. And 2, I hadn’t made a single apple dessert. So here she is! I had some extra motivation when I visited a very good friend and left with a bag of apples that she so graciously gave me! She is a wonderful photographer and before I left her home I had posed for what turned out to be my favorite picture of myself ever. Bask in its beauty above.
I will get straight to the good stuff and hand over the super simple and delicious recipes!
4 Ingredient Pie Crust
1 3/4 cup flour
1/2 cup vegetable oil
1 teaspoon salt
3 tablespoons cold water
- Mix flour and salt, add water evenly to mixture and combine well.
2. Add oil and continue mixing by hand.
3. Split into 2 equal parts. Roll one evenly and place in pie pan.
4. Set the other half of the crust to the side to be used as the top crust after filling is made.
Easy Apple Pie Filling:
1/2 cup sugar
3/4 tablespoon cinnamon
1 tablespoon butter
4 to 5 apples; pared, cored, and sliced
- In a bowl combine sugar and cinnamon.
- Add apple slices to the cinnamon sugar and toss.
3. Put apple mixture in prepared pie crust and top with butter throughout. Put second half of pie crust on top. Pinch edges and ventilate.
4. Bake at 400 degrees for about 30 minutes or until top is golden brown.
I find that this pie freezes well and can be saved for holidays! Want a guaranteed Thanksgiving day hit? Look no further!